Monday, October 6, 2014

First Impressions: Savvy by DB Ultra Matte Lip Colour

Hey Lovelies!

So I purchased the Savvy by DB Ultra Matte Lip Colour in shade Lights... Camera, after a recommendation on Instagram by the lovely @brittney_saunders who compared this lip shade to Mac Velvet Teddy, which is of course a similar shade to the one sported by Kylie Jenner. I think everyone is a tad obsessed with Kylie Jenner and her wonderful lips at the moment, with reason to! She has been looking stunning lately. I am definitely full on the kylie lip bandwagon and have been buying up some purchases (not Mac unfortunately though :( ), hopefully I can do a post on my picks for you soon! 



On to the Ultra Matte Lip Colour, the shade is a dusty pink but bordering on a netural brown, it is a bit darker on my lips than I expected but I actually quite like the colour. The formula is matte which typically means drying and this is no exception to the rule. Oh my gosh! This made my lips feel so tight and dry, however I did not prep my lips beforehand so I definitely need to try that before I put this on again. It was still bearable however there is just no way that I would of been able to smack my lips together as they were just so dry. The product did crease a fair bit on my lips as well which made it look a little unnatural however I am sure if I had prepped beforehand this would have been avoided. As a matte formula this definitely does not budge once set. I drank a tea around 5 minutes after applying and was amazed to see that it was still on. It actually took a lot of effort to remove as well, a simple makeup wipe did not do the job and I had to thoroughly cleanse and partially scrub it off! 




The packaging is quite nice, it is contained in a frosted glass (plastic?) tube and has a doe foot applicator which makes application easy. This retails for $7.99 AU and there is also a range of High Shine Lip Colours with obviously a different formula than the matte version. 



*UPDATE*  This has a tendency to crack and crease on my lips as it is just so drying. I will  need to try different methods of wearing it to see if I can get away with it outside of the house. 

Love Liz xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com