Friday, June 20, 2014

First Impressions: Skin Doctors Cosmeceuticals T Zone Oil Control Cleanser

Hey Guys

Today I wanted to share with you my thoughts on a new cleanser I have been using for the past two weeks. I know that it takes a while for our skin to adjust to new products which is why this is only a first impressions post, despite having used the product for two weeks. I have never used any products before from Skin Doctors Cosmecuticals but I purchased this cleanser during Priceline's 40% off skincare sale at the end of last year. The website does not have an 'about Skin Doctors' section on it so unfortunately I cant tell you much about the brand as I don't know very much about it. 




The range I was interested in trying is the T Zone range, which is aimed at those of us with oily skin. I picked up the cleanser which is described as:
A paraben-free cleansing and balancing gel specifically formulated for skin prone to oiliness in the T-Zone. This cleansing gel contains the active ingredients EVERMAT and ACNACIDOL to deeply purify pores and cleanse and balance oily and combination skin.

First of all I have never heard of EVERMAT or ACNACIDOL  but I don't know much about skincare ingredients. I picked this up mainly because I wanted to try a new gel cleanser after using the Avene Soapless Gel Cleanser for a long time with multiple repurchases. This is a slightly foaming gel but it does not leave my skin feeling stripped of moisture, which is what I was half expecting coming from a product that aims to stop oil production. I have not really noticed a huge difference in the amount of oil on my face, unfortunately by mid day my face is still bound to be oily, particularly on makeup free days. Forgetting that it is aimed to stop oily skin, I do quite like this cleanser. It does not smell offensive and I enjoy the slightly lathering quality of it. The packaging is hopeless however, it is almost impossible to open the lid and then once you have the product spills out because it is in a soft tube. 




I am hoping to see some better effects after longer continued use but I will continue using this until I finish it, but probably wont be repurchasing it. This retails for $29.95 for 150ml on the Skin Doctors Cosmecuticals website.

Love Liz xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com