Sunday, June 1, 2014

Chemist Warehouse Haul

Hey Guys




I think my spending ban was officially over when I decided to do an online order from Chemist Warehouse, they had 50% off all cosmetic brands which included Revlon, Rimmel and Maybelline. To be honest I could of done much much more damage, I kept it simple and mainly just purchased backups for when I run out, because half price is amazing value. So here is what I picked up.



Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder

I absolutely adore this powder, I already own one in the shade 001 Transparent and I picked up another two in the same shade. I do love my loose finishing veil which also has no colour, however sometimes a pressed powder is just more convenient. This ensures I stay shine free for a longer period of time, usually 4-5 hours which is great on an oily skinned gal like myself. One little niggle with this product is that every one I own the lid is cracked! It's like the lid doesn't fit the container, does anyone else have this problem or just me? This retails for $12.95 but was on sale for $6.47.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer

I grabbed this concealer in shade 030 Classic Beige as I wanted a new concealer for under my eyes. I have been suffering from really bad under eye circles. This shade may be a bit too dark for under my eyes as I prefer something a bit lighter than my skin tone. So hopefully if it's too dark I can use it on any blemishes. This retails for $14.95 but I purchased it for $7.47.

Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal 

I have heard so many great things about this eyeliner in shade 005 Nude so I had to pick it up for myself to try. I hear that when used on the waterline it really brightens up your eyes. This retails for $9.95 but was on sale for $4.97. 

Rimmel Finishing Touch Ultra Shine Top Coat

I need another top coat as I currently only own one from O.P.I but it takes forever to dry! I borrowed this while at a friends house and I quite liked it, goes on smoothly and dries quickly and appeared to do a good job of making my nail polish last! This retails for $8.95 but was on sale for $4.47. 




Maybelline Fit Me! Shine-Free Foundation

I have read mixed reviews on this foundation, I don't plan on using it as an actual foundation as I read it isn't great coverage which is not something I am interested in. I picked up shade 240 Golden Beige to contour with, I wanted the Toffee shade but they were sold out online. Most of these were sold out! Swatching this it looks a little orange but hopefully will blend out ok. I also wanted to pick up one of these for a concealer as I have heard that they are great concealers, but sadly there was no close matches in stock. I will have to look at picking up another if I enjoy the formula of this one. These retail for $15.95 but I grabbed this for $7.97.

Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer

I have actually owned this a long time ago when I used to use the whole Fit Me! range but I found the foundation oxidised on my skin really badly. I have been reading great reviews on this concealer though so I have picked this up in shade 20 Sand for concealing scars and blemishes. This retails for $14.95 but was on sale for $7.47.




Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin

I have really been loving this foundation so I picked up a spare because I can't imagine not having it. It is long lasting and keeps the shine away, it does smell a bit chemically but the pros far outway the cons. I have shade 220 Natural Beige which retails for $34.95 but was on sale for $17.48.

Revlon New Complexion Oil Control Makeup

I picked this up on a whim, it was only $12.48 so I decided that considering how much I loved my Colorstay foundation I might love this as well. It is aimed at my skin type but I am unsure of how high the coverage is, hopefully similar to the higher coverage of Colorstay. 


And there you are, everything I picked up during the sale. I purchased this all on the website as the nearest store is an hour away! It is free shipping when you spend $99 or more, so my friend and I purchased together. Shipping was super quick, only a day. Some items were missing as they were being shipped from another warehouse but that only took an extra two days. I had originally believed the sale was ending on 29 May but according to the website and Instagram it is still on, so get in quick.

Did you participate in this sale?

Love Liz xx 

1 comment:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com