Thursday, May 1, 2014

April Monthly Favourites

Hey Lovlies!



So it is that time of month again where I look back at what I have been loving for the past month. This month has gone super quick, Uni work is getting more intense with more and more deadlines looming. I even had a week holiday this month, which was fantastic but went very quickly like the whole month. I don't have a lot to feature this month as it has been a relaxed month in terms of beauty,skincare and hair care products. Make up is all products that I can use easily and quickly to fit in with my busy schedule. I have started using a new skincare routine but I only just received it at the end of the month so I will feature that here when I have had long enough to properly trial it. My hair care has remained the same, well actually less intense than my old routine as I chopped off all my dead split ends and now my hair feels a hundred times better than it did previously. On to the top products of the month...

I purchased a new foundation this month, Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation in the shade 825. This is a reasonable shade match, maybe a little too light but nothing a bit of bronzer can't fix. This was the only foundation I took on holiday with me and was great as it is medium coverage, lasts, is a primer and contains sunscreen. It is not enough foundation for me on special occasions but for everyday usage this is great! I purchased this on sale for $12 at Kmart.

Rather than taking my loose finishing veil with me on holidays and making a huge mess every morning, I took this translucent pressed powder. This is the Rimmel London Stay Matte Long Lasting  Pressed Powder in shade 001 Transparent. The packaging is a bit flimsy but this stuff ensures my foundation and other makeup stays put all day with little need for touch ups .

I have been ignoring all my other blushes this month in favor of my BYS Coral Blusher, which I have mentioned on here a few times before. I absolutely love this blush and it's robust packaging meant I knew it would be fine in my luggage when I was away.

To prep my lips which have been incredibly dry this month I have been using the Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub which smells and tastes amazing! I rub this all on my lips to ensure that there is no flakiness when I apply my lip products. On my lips has been the Face of Australia Sheer Gloss Lip Crayon pictured here in shade Cupcake which is a lovely sheer pink shade. These are not long lasting but easy to apply on the go and don't require a mirror to ensure you haven't missed a spot. Simply swipe on and purse lips and tada, even glossy lips!

What have you been loving this past month?

Love Liz xx

2 comments:

  1. That BYS blush looks amazing. I'm a big fan of their blushers... I'm going to need to scout that one out!

    heytherejacquelyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! It is my go to blusher :) Just make sure to use a good brush, I used a different one to my normal one the other day and looked like a clown! It is really pigmented but lovely if you use a light touch
      xx

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com