Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Rimmel London Lipsticks

If you cant already tell I have recently bought an abundance of Rimmel London products, I have never considered Rimmel to be a fantastic drugstore brand, I am more loyal to Revlon, Bourjois and Maybelline. However, Rimmel products just seem to be more and more appealing to me, it does help that I have managed to grab a tonne of their stuff on sale (with more items on their way :| ). I have 3 Rimmel London lipsticks to review for you today, all are different types of their lipsticks.





Rimmel London Colour Show Off Lipstick

I have had this lipstick for a while but have never bothered to review it. I just have to say how I love the gold and pink metallic casing of this lipstick, while not classic, it has a nice girly feel to it.This product is no longer in store and I purchased this a few months ago on clearance, and sadly cannot recall the price at the time. The lipstick I have is shade 030 Tell No One, bit of an ominous name there but a lovely shade nonetheless. This is a peach red colour, it comes up fairly bright on the lips, definitely a statement lipstick. The formula is nice and creamy, but a bit drying on the lips and will show up patchy so make sure you scrub and exfoliate your lips first and use a lot of lip balm. The wear time is good, 2-3 hours without eating, it tends to stain my lips a little so I tend to leave reapplying for 4 or so hours and am left with a softer tint to my lips after 2 or so hours.



Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick

This is a new product for me that I managed to pick up for only $2 AU on clearance, the tip of the lipstick was slightly damaged when I opened it up but that isn't very important for a $2 lipstick, this retails for $9.95 here in Australia. The shade I have is 210 Coral in Gold, which describes the colour perfectly. This is a coral coloured lipstick with a golden sheen to it. This is a nice light peach shade that is the perfect summer lip colour. The formula is quite nice for this, it does show up dry patches but I do find it moisturising on my lips. I find this lasts on my lips for around 3 hours, not so great when it comes to eating or drinking so make sure you reapply after that. 



Rimmel London Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Lipstick

Another product I picked up in the same clearance as the lipstick above, I either paid $2 or $5 AU for this lipstick, it retails for $12.95 AU however. I picked up shade 103 which does not have a corresponding name, which is a bit of a shame but I think none of the Kate Moss Rimmel Lipsticks have names. The colour of this lipstick is a matte dusty pink and I think this looks fantastic, possibly more of an autumn winter colour, or a good colour for when you want statement eyes not lips. Being a matte formula this does tug on your lips, and you HAVE to make sure you exfoliate first and hydrate your lips. 




Have you tried any of these lipsticks?

Love Liz xx

1 comment:

  1. I have 5 different Kate lipsticks. And a few of them have names.
    Shade 20 - effortless glam
    Shade 10 - red n chic
    Shade 5 x2 not sure of this name
    Shade 26 nor this one.

    Shade 5 has a name, I just have no idea what it is lol. I like these lipsticks. I don't own any others, but I'm being sent a bunch of Rimmel products to try out/review so maybe some lipsticks will be in there lol. Loving the pink/gold packaging!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com