Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Maybelline Hyper Diamonds Eye Colour Palette

Hey Guys

So I broke my spending ban a while ago on a few sale items at Kmart. Everything was between $2 and $10 because they were removing all free standing items and changing them with hanging displays.



One of the items I picked up was this Maybelline New York Hyper Diamonds Eye Colour Palette in shade Berry Diamonds BR-2. I think this is an absolutely gorgeous palette and I think the berry colours will be great in winter time and a nice change from my very typically neutral shadows.



This contains 5 different shades which are all shimmers, hence the hyper diamonds name. There is a light pale white shade with pink and golden shimmer flecks, this would be good for highlighting either in the corner of the eye or below the eyebrow. There is also a slightly similar pale pink colour with smaller shimmer flecks, this should make a good solid base colour. There is a brown colour which is tinted with purple and gold shimmer. There is a purple mauve, berry coloured shadow with gold and purple flecks. The last colour is a very deep purple coloured shadow with purple flecks in it.



When I took the pictures for the swatches, the lightest colour was prone to some fallout, it has the largest shimmer flecks in it. They also did not immediately rub off until I lathered up with some hand soap.

I will test out the wear time closer to winter or on a night out, the shimmer is probably a bit too much for day time. This retails for $18.95 AU but I purchased it for $5 AU on sale. I am happy to try out some new colours that I don't actually have in my collection.

Have you purchased anything similar lately?

Love Liz xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com