Saturday, February 22, 2014

Asos Beauty Haul

I recently purchased a few items from asos while they were having a sale on some of their beauty products,. Technically this is a late valentines day present as the boy and I dont really do presents on valentines day, but my paypal wasn't working (it actually wasn't) so I used his paypal and just never paid him back. Rimmel London products must be moving up in the ranks for me as everything but one purchase was all Rimmel, so sorry that this is a Rimmel heavy haul but I could not resist the sale prices. So here is a mini review of all the products I grabbed, I plan on doing full reviews on the products as soon as possible. 




I always have dry lips and I have a lot of lip balms as a result. However it seems that most of my lip balms are large tubes or pots were you have to use your fingers, which can be unhygienic and so I have been looking for tubes that I can pop straight on my lips and not have to worry about cleaning my hands. I love the fake cherry smell of most beauty products and this strong smell reminds me of old Lip Smackers and lollies. I purchased this for $3.04 AU and I cant find an online price in Australia but the same 10g tube in the original flavour retails for $6.49 AU. 



Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Paint



I cant actually find this on the Australian Rimmel London website or Priceline so I think that this hasnt been released in Australia yet. I got this in the shade 006 Rich Russet which I have heard UK beauty blogger, Lily Pebbles rave about, see here. I had to try it out for myself and could not resist at $6.08 AU, it typically retails for $9.78 AU on asos, but I can assume it would retail for more here in Australia. Lily claims that these have extreme lasting power so you have to blend them quickly before they set. I am excited to try this out as it seems like a lovely golden taupe colour. 






I was after a new cream concealer and I have always liked the Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer, so I was interested to try something else from their concealer line. Rimmel states that this is a:
Blendable dual action concealer [that] covers imperfections without clogging the pores [while] the inner core gently treats blemishes.
Sorry for the blurriness!

The American version of this (the one I have) comes in 4 shades, soft ivory, soft beige, classic beige, and ivory. I picked up 030 Classic Beige, this seems an adequate match for me but I always struggle picking my shade from an online picture. In Australia you can only purchase this in 2 shades, ivory and soft beige. It retails for $11.95 AU but I purchased it for $6.08 AU.



Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder



I have actually purchased this a few times before, back when I was in high school so probably around 5 or 6 years ago (eeek), I just cannot remember what colour I used to purchase this in, but I think it was probably a bit pink for my skin. I have purchased the translucent powder as I have a translucent loose powder but not a pressed one and I think that translucent powders are great for my skin as they keep my skin oil free without adding another colour to my face. 



This is available in 6 colours on asos, but only available in peach glow, silky beige, sandstorm and translucent. The shade I purchased, 001 transparent would be equivalent to translucent in Australia. I purchased this for $5.07 AU but it retails here for $12.95 AU. 



Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation



This foundation is supposed to be a really good dupe for Estee Lauder double wear which I already own and love so I am very excited to try this out. I really hope I purchased this in a shade close to my skin colour, it looks a bit light but I am hoping that it will be a good winter colour for me. I purchased this in the shade 103 True Ivory. This retails for $17.95 AU but I purchased it for $9.12 AU. 

Love Liz xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com